Sunday, March 11, 2012

My OH My

This week has been a lot about opportunities and I do believe that I have been open and willing to except a lot of them without hesitation.  For those that know me, that was not me.  Sometimes I calculated things to the point of no return and was still indecisive.  But as I said in my previous post, Life is about change.  I believe that all the steps that I have been taking are GIANT leaps forward.  Forward to a new life.  A new beginning. 

As weird as it may sound, this divorce is one of the best things that Tommy ever gave me.  It helped me center myself.  It helped me realize who I really am (even though I had struggled with that identity for a little bit).  It also helped me re-kindle friendships that I had not even known that the embers were still there and I am glad to say that I do not think that it is necessary for me to hold out on friendships because of  the uncomfortably of my partner or due to the fact that my partner does not get along with those people.  On a different note, I am also fully aware that some of my friendships died or were held back because of their dislike for Tommy.  Hindsight is 20/20 though. 

When there will be a next person, they will understand that I am an individual first and a couple second.  They will not have a problem with whom my friends are; they will accept me for who I am: a friendly, loyal, outgoing person who has a plethora of friends that range from all over the country.. even world.

On an absolutely different note, I went clothes shopping today.  Ahhh... yes.  and I was dreading it at first until I tried on my first pair of pants.  Size 12.  WAY TOO BIG! Size 10.  Baggy.  Size 8. Perfect fit.  Thank you Gap! lol



Also, this weekend I got to hang out with my brother, his girlfriend and the kiddos yesterday.  The adults hung out and drank a few Coronas in memory of a dear friend of ours that we lost in 2008.  Today would have been his birthday.  Marcus Preudhomme, you may be gone, but you will never be forgotten.



Life is all about change.  But let's not get caught up in all the dramas of it without allowing yourself a little room to play.  I was talking with a friend of mine earlier today and I promised them that I will "keep things real, but fun.  Otherwise, life is boring."  I meant it.  And one more thing:  I will not change myself or my views for anyone and I will not apologize for that.  Either you like me the way that I am and you will not try and change me or -----> THERE IS THE DOOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment